Sunday, June 15, 2008

This is what happens when you leave me alone...


I always said I would never create a blog. "It is dangerous and its demand for time and energy will suck you dry" I said. Cory went out of town today for a week. His job as a Physician Assistant in the Army takes him away often. I have come to grips with this fact, and I am so proud of him for the work that he does. But, I never can seem to find enough activities to keep me from being bored stiff. It reminds me of the time when I was 3 and my mother left me alone with a cake "we" were baking. She had to run next door to borrow an ingredient for the cake. She made me swear on my life that I wouldn't touch or add anything to the cake. I made the oath. As soon as she was out the door, I promptly added a few cups of the most conveniently located ingredient....flour. When my mom came back, I was in big trouble. Well, guess what. You leave a girl to her own devices for long enough and she does the unthinkable.This time I was left alone and after exploring many other options, I succumbed to the danger of the blog and decided to give it a go. Hopefully this adventure won't get me into so much trouble....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, blogs are not that bad. Your biggest problem will be getting people to read it. I have had a blog for years and nobody comes to read it. Ya, I guess I am looking for pity. Welcome to the blog world.

http://blog.justinleavitt.com

♥ Natalie said...

Welcome to the Blog World! You will see - it's so fun to keep in touch with so many people. I love reading other's blogs.... maybe you want to read ours, too?! Email me at lafamilia5@gmail.com and I will email you an invite. (I need your email address, but can possibly get it off FB, huh?) Our blog address is ilovemyfamily5.blogspot.com . So fun to see you again, via the web! ~ Natalie {Watkins} Evans

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

Yay Brooke! I know it's difficult to get over jumping on the bandwagon, but I think ultimately you'll be glad you did. I'm glad you did. I enjoyed the humor of your first post and I'm sure I'll enjoy the rest! Happy blogging!

Kelly
fullnelson3.blogspot.com

Liene Stevens said...

Yay! I have held out on doing a personal blog because my life is boring, but they are helpful to keep on people's lives. :)

ps - you look great!

Liene

Sara said...

I also just joined the blogging "community"! And I wasn't even bored when I did it :) You can check it out at sara-smiles1.blogspot.com

kimberly said...

Hey Brooke! I saw you had a blog on your facebook profile, so I thought I'd take a look! It is really cute! I especially love the picture you have in your heading box! I'm looking forward to hearing all about your life on here!
tyaufamily.blogspot.com

Crystal said...

I love your blog! I'm glad you started one. I must agree that it can be dangerous and although the level of addiction can vary, it is always there. Once a blogger always a blogger.