Sunday, June 15, 2008

A tribute to Dads


I am waxing sentimental tonight. I think I will blame it on the chips and salsa. I was thinking about all the different men who play the role of "Dad" in my life. They each hold a unique and special place in my heart.

My Dad


For as long as I can remember, we have always been good friends.


"You have always given me wings to fly, and I loved you for it."-Marjorie Hinckley


Grandpa Stott


I have distant memories of sitting on your lap and in your recliner as you show me magic tricks. Those are my favorite. I love joking back and forth with you. You can always make me laugh (or blush :)


Grandpa Burr


Sorry Grandpa. I didn't realize you would be sideways in this picture. I don't know how to set you upright. I hear you are not feeling so hot right now. I wish I could visit you in the nursing home. Thank you for taking over the empty space where a Grandpa should be.


Grandpa Chatham


I've never met you, but I have heard lots of stories (good and bad). I look forward to meeting you some day. Thank you for giving life to my Mom. She is pretty swell.

Stan-My Father in Law

Maybe you don't know this, but I don't think there any other pictures of you that exist in this world. I couldn't find one anywhere! Thanks for being an amazing father to my husband and for teaching my that the word "father" can mean more than a blood relationship.

Cory-The future father of my babies


I love this picture. You look just like a little boy, playing with your transformer truck. The first thing that made me feel comfortable with the idea of marrying you was how amazing you are with young people. I knew you would be an amazing dad. Now, if we could just get pregnant next year will be a real Father's Day :).....

3 comments:

The Stanford Bunch said...

YEAH!!! You have a blog! I love th pic at the top! :)

Celeste Caldwell said...

Hey girl...way cute blog. Send me an email at celeste_cc_caldwell@yahoo.com so I can invite you to mine.

Allison said...

First, you guys are so cute! Second, yay for having a blog. Third, I found you. Fourth, I'm going to bed now. Good night! :)