Sunday, August 24, 2008

Domestic Goddess

There comes a time in every girls life when she needs to cross a line, a point of no return. For me, that time was tonight. I have to say that I am a freaking domestic goddess. I, Brooke Lynn Jenkins, baked homemade bread all by myself for the first time. I have to admit that it was a little touch and go for awhile. At one point it looked like drywall mud. I also got a little nervous when I realized I don't own a single bread pan (the goddess thing is a gradual process). But, after some quick thinking, the end result looked like half of a soccer ball, but it tasted like heaven on earth. In fact, it was so good that we made hot chocolate and called it dinner. It was raining outside, so we sat on the threshold of the house and enjoyed our scrumptious meal. MAN! I'M GOOD!

7 comments:

Jill said...

Hey Brooke! I'm impressed, I've tried making bread and CANNOT do it! Send me your email address to stewart.fam@msn.com and I'll add you to my blog! Have a great day!!!
Jill (Porter) Stewart

Unknown said...

Hello Brooke!!! Wow I am impressed with your mad baking skills. I have yet to brave that new world of baked goods. You ROCK!!

Mary Postert said...

Congrats on your first attempt at homemade bread. Some people try for years before it actually tastes good. Glad to see you started a blog. Now I can keep track of you.

♥ Natalie said...

Look at you!!! Baking bread. It's fun, huh?! Just wait - you are gonna get all commercialized and have to buy a KitchenAid or a Bosch... It never fails!! I bet your dinner was yummy!

beth said...

i am seriously impressed... never got to that point myself... good on ya!

The Sibert Family said...

Congrats on the bread Brooke. I bet your hubby is happy of the bread and I am sure it tasted great. Good job. I guess making homemade things makes you a domestic goddess.

Mary Postert said...

Come on Brooke, it's time to update.