Thursday, August 20, 2009

Time Flies

Alright. I realize that a significant amount of time has passed since I last wrote and that I have neglected some pretty important events in my blog. It would be virtually impossible to do them all justice. So, suffice it to say : #1 I had a baby girl June 14, 2009. We named her Reagan Abby Jenkins. #2 Cory deployed for a year to Afghanistan. I will be better about keeping up in the future. Here is a feeble attempt to tell the story in pictures. By the way, she is sitting on my lap as I write this post. She is a born blogger!



Baby shower

Within an hour of Reagan's birth. She is adorable. I look disgusting.

1 Day old in the hospital


Chillin' with Dad during a nap


4 days old at home


She started out with a really chill personality.....I don't know where that went.


Cory called her "my parrot" because she like to fall asleep perched.


3 weeks old with cousin Natalya

In her blessing dress, 3 weeks old


On Reagan's blessing day

Matching with cousin Corrine, 3 weeks


I thought the flower that was bigger than her was cute. Dad thought it was ridiculous. Luckily, I get to make all decisions when it comes to dressing her. 4 weeks



Goodbye party for Cory (Jenkins, Mortensens, Beylers, Braughtons, Van Woerkoms, Storys). July 16


Cory's departure day, July 19. I realize her flower looks like a headlamp....It slipped down.


Getting on the bus to leave.

Cory running back to tell me goodbye for one last time.

6 weeks old. Just woke up, or not.
Showing her new talent. She really is freakishly strong for her age. 8 weeks.


A family pic, 8 weeks and 27 years :) She does this little number a lot. I was getting her ready to go to bed.Another new talent, a shifty side smile. It takes alot of effort to get this on camera. 9 weeks

Yesterday. I wanted a pic of her in her first blue jeans. She is stylin'!






















13 comments:

Alainarae said...

YOU UPDATED!!! I love it! First of all, you look so amazing and Reagan is a doll! I want to come back and play with her so bad! And see you, of course! I love the picture of Cory running back to say bye one last time... And Oliver does the same thing if I don't get him to bed in time..He lets me know he's tired! Still pretty cute, though. How are you doing? I'm going to call you soon, so watch out!

The Stanford Bunch said...

Reagan is ADORABLE!!! And you look great, too! How are you doing with Cory gone? Do you get to talk to him ever? email? letters? You are amazing!!

Heather said...

So cute! Cason started so chill also - what happened?! She is adorable, and so small :) You look great!

Rachelle said...

so glad you updated! cute pictures I have been real bad at updating my blog over the summer too. I blame it on Facebook!

Crys said...

Cute pics! I'm glad to see the updates :)

Chelsea said...

YAY!!!!!! I'm so happy! I miss Raegan tons and I can't wait to see you guys again soon. Thanks for giving us some pictures to look at... keep 'em comin'!

Hannah said...

Reagan is beautiful!!! I sure do miss you and hope that one day I will be able to meet your wonderful little family.

Bud & Kim said...

Loved the update. Raegan is so cute. The pictures of Cory leaving made me teary eyed. you are one strong woman!

Anonymous said...

Bless you and your little one. I am so sorry for your loss.

Maren said...

Brooke, we dont know each other but i watched you on the news the other night and just balled like a baby. i cant even imagine the pain, confusion, sadness and loneliness you are experiencing. you are strong though, i could see it on the news story! Heavenly Father needed this soldier fighting another fight on the other side of the veil. you WILL be with him again. you WILL beable to raise your children with him in the next life. he WILL be with you always and watch over you every second of every day. you are in my thoughs and prayers!

maren urkov
marenurkov@gmail.com

Natalie said...

Brooke - I just heard about Corey. I'm so sorry! You are in my prayers.

Em said...

You don't know me but my mom told me about you as I was driving in the car and it hit me like a ton of bricks, because I lost my husband to cancer 10 months ago leaving me with 2 young kids. I know the pain, the heartache and everything that comes with it. Seems like so many young girls are loosing their husbands as of late but as I drove in the car I thought Wow, the fight up in Heaven must be getting really heated and they are really in need of the BEST... I know your husband will always look down and watch over you and your little girl. You will be blessed continually. I can promise you that... I know from experience. Being a single mom is not an easy job and when you feel like you can't handle anymore pray that your husband will be there with you. I know he will be. You are in my thoughts and prayers. May you find the peace and comfort you need at this time and any other time.

Amy said...

Your baby is adorable and you are AMAZING!

PS, the flowers on Raegan's head are cute. :) I've have cute headbands for my baby girl, but I never thing to put them on her...I guess it's to be expected since I always only do the bare minimum for myself. Oh well.