Thursday, April 22, 2010

Start for me, finish for Cory.

Dear Cory Baby-
You have loved to run for a long time. It is how you clear your head and stay sane. When you are running, you can conquer the world. Also, you are just darn good at it. Remember when we ran the Tacoma City Half Marathon together? You didn't train one single minute and you came in 5th place in your age division. You were built to run: skinny as a rail with LONG legs.

I was not born such an amazing runner. I haven't been doing it for long, and I don't really like it. When I run, all I can think is "I can't breathe. How much longer till this is over?" Remember when we ran the Tacoma City Half Marathon together? I trained for months and came in 58th in my age division......

Babe, I know you wanted to run a marathon in 2010. I am running one in just over a day from now. So, make sure you run with me or this will all be for naught. I am nervous and know it is going to hurt. I guess you don't have to run the WHOLE thing with me, just push me from behind when it hurts the most. You know, like you used to do for Dusty on the way to school.

Here's to accomplishing our goals!

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Good luck Brooke, I know you can do it and I know he will be there with you :)

Crystal said...

I love you, lady. This letter is made me cry. I'm so proud of you for doing what you're doing. Run strong!

mom said...

((Hugs)) I still pray for you frequently and hope you have a good experience with your marathon. I'm sure Cory will be with you.

The Stanford Bunch said...

Oh Brooke, this made me cry. I love you and think you are amazing. I wish I could be more like you. Good luck this weekend. Cory will definitely be with you, I am sure he is so proud of you!

Mary Postert said...

This made me cry too. I love you Brooke. You'll do great, I know it!

Bud & Kim said...

You can do it! I'm so proud of you for accomplishing something that is so incredibly difficult. I know Cory will be there with you.

SJ said...

Brooke, I am so proud of you for running this marathon! You are going to be amazing! Best of luck! My thoughts will be with you!

Loves,

Sesuo Krukstin!

P.S. I think about you often and hope you are well. Your baby is beautiful!

Chelsea said...

I bet you won't be as heavy to push as Dusty was... But I know he'll be there helping you. I love you and I love being your sister. Good luck tomorrow!

kimber said...

Good luck Brooke! I'm sure it will be amazing!

Amy said...

Good luck Brooke...you're amazing!

Landon and Jill Beyler said...

I have tears in my eye... Why because I just love ya! Here is to trying for Cory- I can't know how much you possibly love and miss him... But I know how much I miss seeing the two of you because of how good you were together.