Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Good Ol' Days

I was surfing this morning, and I came across some vintage advertisements that FASCINATED me. I know that sometimes we yearn for "the good old days", but let's take a little moment and say a prayer of thanks that somethings have changed.....

WHY am I dieting, again? Apparently I can just swallow some tapeworms and, POOF! (My favorite part is the "no ill effects").
Does anybody else relate personally to this ad? My husband is always spanking me we I bring home bad coffee.


Ummmm, I am sensing some pedophilia charges here in just a little bit.


I don't know what they are advertising, but call the exorcist, because that girl obviously has a problem.


This one gave me nightmares. Really.


As a woman, I am choosing to take just a little offense to this.



Her Papa is an idiot.


Okay, maybe I do miss the good ol' days just a little bit. Nothing like Heroin on the drugstore shelf.




Buy our thermos or your baby will DIE! I believe they exaggerated just a titch for effect.

This one is mildly offensive in mixed company, I suppose. "Your married happiness depends on the real you...confident you, never doubting your intimate feminine hygiene. Don't risk becoming another you". Got it. Douching=Lasting marriage.


This cow has a nickname....Benedict Arnold.



Ever wonder the connection between decaf and child abuse?



Why don't you just come right out and say it?


The other day Reagan was saying the same thing. "Please smoke, Mommy. I don't want you to be mad at me".



This toy was only on the market for a year. Then it was pulled for exposing children to the same toxins linked to Gulf War syndrome, cancer, leukemia, and lymphoma. Seriously.


If your mom lets you get a sunburn like that, you might want to get the phone number to CPS along with that Noxzema.



You too can have a perve with a telescope looking into your home if you buy our bra.
















15 comments:

Carrie said...

those are scary, but your captions make them hilarious!

Corley said...

ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!

Mary Postert said...

Those are fantastic!

Bud & Kim said...

Oh my gosh this is hilarious and disturbing all at once.

MJH said...

Wow. Thanks for sharing. I laughed, I gagged, and wow. Laughed and gagged some more. Makes you wonder what's being advertised today that's just a bunch of braloney. I mean boloney.

Crystal said...

Oh. my. goodness. Those are jokes, right? The husband taking the wife over his knees to spank her? Papa says it won't hurt us? Oh my gosh! I want some of those advertisements as wall decor. I could see the pig one being a nice addition to our kitchen.

Amy Bushatz said...

ok that was hilarious.
and i didnt run yesterday. but i did run 7 miles today. so im going to count that as win.

Staci said...

Where in the heck did you find all of these!? I was laughing out loud at your comments

Now...go buy some tapeworms in a jar & buy that burger you have been craving;)

Allison said...

You are seriously hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing. I have seen most of those before, but your captions are what made it so funny! I love you!

Andrea M said...

Brooke...I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. These are amazing and disturbing.

Tim and Amy said...

thanks for the laugh. those are awesome. i actually picked up a couple old better home & garden magazines from the 30s and 50s. OUT OF CONTROL how the advertisements went back then. def appreciate how things have changed & the people behind those changes.

my favorite/the worst one is the child asking her mom to smoke! RIDICULOUS! :o)

anyway, thanks for the smile. hope you are doing well.

kimber said...

You are hilarious! Always have been! :)

Shelby said...

Where do you find these things! I really enjoyed your commentary!!!

Geoff Carmichael said...

http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/entertainment/2010/06/10/vintage-ads-thinking/#slide=1?test=faces

the people at FOXNEWS must've read your blog... BECAUSE THEY TOTALLY STOLE YOUR IDEA.

meisha said...

I love your comments! One of my favorite things to do as a kid was go to the UA library with my Mom. She was doing homework while I was perusing old Ladies Home Journals, looking at the ads because they were so funny! But the ads you posted are awesome-can't see how anyone would but what they're advertising.