Thursday, May 13, 2010

I needed a change....

I am trying to stick to my resolution to blog more often. As a result, you will be hearing about the very mundane details of my life until I can come up with something funnier and more "light your pants on fire" to blog about.

First item of business: I needed a change. BAD. I was sick of looking at the same thing over and over every day in the mirror. So I mixed it up a little bit. Nothing too drastic, just enough to keep the masses entertained. I finally cut my hair a bit. I am ashamed to admit that it had been since just before Reagan was born. I got a little distracted right after that time. And secondly, I did something I have never done but have always wanted to do. I got my hair colored professionally. I just went a few shades darker and its only semi-permanent so I can wait and decide if I want to sign on the dotted line for this color. I must have taken a dozen pictures of it, trying to capture the look just right. It took me awhile to realize the problem was less with the hair and more with my face. I look pathetic! Please tell me, do I look this way all the time?






Second item of business. I am still going strong with the Vegetarianism for the month of May. The hardest thing for me to stay away from is cheese. I actually stink at staying away from cheese. I rationalize by saying that it is to keep the family together. I am pretty sure if my husband found out I had cut out cheese, he would leave me. Eggs and milk have been much easier, with only a couple of instances since the month started. Meat has been the easiest. I gave in and ate meat on Mother's Day. Come On! It was MY day and she made BBQ chicken! I am only human. I got bored pretty quickly of nuts, black beans, and tofu shakes. I had to come up some more variety. One of my faves so far has been tofu and lentil tacos. I swear on my grave that they were delicious. I didnt even miss the meat. Here is a picture of the finished taco and what the filling looked like when it was done.

Recipe (I am choosing to believe that some people will actually want this):
1/4 cup green lentils
1/4 cup onions, chopped
1/2 cup water
Add these all to a saucepan, bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Simmer for 20+ min. or until lentils are soft.
Add:
1, 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
1 taco seasoning packet
Bring back to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 5 min.
Add:
8 oz. of firm or extra firm tofu, finely chopped
Warm all the way through then spoon into taco shells and top with cheese, tomato, lettuce, and salsa. Yummy!











9 comments:

Unknown said...

you are a silly girl! of course you don't look pathetic. I like the color change. its different and fun. question though: if you are going vegetarian, why aren't you eating cheese? are you vegan or vegetarian? i gave up all meat except for fish last week and breads/carbs may soon follow. my stomach doesn't like them anymore. Call me sometime!
I miss you, Tammi

Rachelle said...

I like your hair color I def. dont think the problem is your face...maybe try to take a picture with natural sun light and you will be happier with the picture and it might be easier to see the colors in your hair...just a thought. I just might one day (when I dont have meat)try that recipe so thank you for posting it. ;-)

Corley said...

I like your hair! Can I just say too...you make me laugh!! You are hilarious! I think the vegetarian dishes look yummy...and I admire your giving into BBQ...who doesn't LOVE BBQ-COME ON! :) Hope you are well.

Crys said...

I like the color and your face does not look bad silly girl! The tacos look interesting. Maybe I'll try them. Next time you could do trendy straight across bangs. You have the kind of hair that that would totally rock with. I tried right after Sadie was born when I wanted something different. With the curls definiately a mistake. I've been growing it out since them. I want long black hair...I'm going to dye it :) You could also go blonde...hmmm...lucky girl to have so many fun hair options :)

The Stimpsons said...

Cute hair! I went dark after I had Kendra and keep it because it is easier with kids to not have so much maintenance. Yeah, you look great! I might try the recipe but using chicken instead of tofu...I am a wimp :)

ecuakim said...

Your face is beautiful, so knock it off. It's the flash on your camera. Does horrible things to the best of us. Ditto what Rachelle said, get out in some natural sunlight, or close to a nice sunny window in the late afternoon. p.s. this also works best for baby photo shoots! :)

Staci said...

You make me laugh! I'm impressed you are still doing veggie diet & never even thought about it, but you prob could eat pizza the park the other night!?! I feel so bad, I should have made a salad!!! I'm sorry!

Your hair AND face look great! I love it!

DaMomma said...

I love tofu tacos! I'm going to try your version, thanks. :)

kimber said...

I love the new hair color!